Friday, January 17, 2014

Reloading Bench Project



Like a lot of shooting hobbyists, my regular reloading space is shared with several other hobbies. Some days it's an electronics repair bench and some days it's an arrow fletching bench. This is not a good way to work.  I decided I needed a dedicated space for reloading and cleaning, and better organized storage.

There was an unused wall in my basement that serves to support the floor beams that were cut when the location of the basement stair was moved, and I'd been meaning to finish it some way. It occurred to me that it would make an ideal back wall for the new bench.

I built a pair of stub walls, just 3' long, and covered them and the back with pegboard. Next a pair of cabinets left over from a kitchen remodel went up.


I took off the cabinet doors to make installation easier- something I learned from a carpenter friend when we did my kitchen a few years back. Next week I'll put in the workbench surface and trim out everything. Might even put in drawers under the bench top.

No comments:

Post a Comment