Friday, September 7, 2012

Maxpedition 12" Pistol Case/Gun Rug



I own a lot of Maxpedition bags, packs, and cases as they're rugged, well engineered, and reasonably priced. My latest purchase is this Maxpedition Pistol Case/Gun Rug. It comes black, green, and tan, like this one, and in 8x10" and 8x12" versions. This is the larger of the two.


My customized Ruger Mk-III Hunter bullseye gun looks like a tight fit, but thanks to the depth of the case it's really quite roomy. The case is designed to carry the pistol in a zippered pouch, with magazines and accessories carried in the loops and a velcro patch, but the Ruger is a hair too big to fit in the zippered section. Without the oversized Volquartsen Grips or the Ultradot sight it would be an easy fit. In fact, my dot-equipped 22/45 Target is an easy fit in the 10" version.

This is a not only a great case for just about any pistol or revolver; it's a great case for your iPad or Kindle or other tablet, too. (Maxpedition actually shows an iPad in one photo on their web site.) For the moment though, it'll be carrying my bullseye gun.

Update: I found a similar, but larger bag on sale at Cabelas. The Mk-III seen above now resides in that bag, and this one easily holds my 22/45, complete with red dot sight and oversize grips.

No comments:

Post a Comment