Saturday, January 12, 2013

RCBS customer support



Not long ago I bought a new RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool which I think is absolutely the best priming tool I've ever used, except for one thing: The spring that holds the jaws that grip the cartridge rim kept flying off. If you look at the above photo, you can see that the posts that hold the spring don't quite reach the plate above, and there's more clearance above the post on the left than on the right. I did a web search and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem, so I sent a note to RCBS.

I didn't hear back from them by email, but five days later this turned up via SnailMail:


A complete new top assembly. I wonder if perhaps they didn't have a small run of bad castings that somehow got through QC? Regardless, they didn't ask questions- they just sent this right to me.

I've always been a fan of Lee for their inexpensive products and innovation, but my experience with various RCBS products and their superb customer service is making me a big fan of theirs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment