Monday, April 2, 2012

How to Permanantly Lose a Customer

Twice in the past year I've gone into a gun shop where I'd purchased a used gun some time before to see if they were interested in buying the gun back, or taking it in as a trade towards something else. Now I realize that these shops have to make a profit on every sale, and I expect to take a loss if I sell that way. And I expect that not every dealer in used guns wants to buy everything that comes their way. But on two occasions when I approached the owners about a sale or trade I was treated rudely- almost insultingly so. How difficult is it to take a few minutes to discuss a potential deal, and decline it in a polite way? I smiled, wished them good day, and left... for good.

1 comment:

  1. Despite a stagnant economy, I'm surprised the large number of businesses I interact with with very poor customer service. At any given point, I am always polite to others regardless of my intent, and that's just being plain respectful. Last gun shop I went to, I was treated like they were doing me a favor getting what I wanted to purchase.

    I decided to vote with my dollars and left for good.

    ReplyDelete