Monday, March 26, 2012

Swaps


I love swaps of all sorts.  My penchant for investigating every garage sale or swap I spot has been known to drive my girlfriend crazy when we're out driving or walking. I've been known to come home from a bike ride with a stereo receiver balanced on my handlebars. Luckily I also like selling gear, which keeps my house relatively uncluttered.

My friend Bill and I shared a table this past weekend at the Oakland County Sportsman's Club's annual gun and knife show. We had a load of books, fishing gear, reloading tools, muzzleloaders, .22s and air guns, many from a friend's estate. I had expected a big turnout, what with the temperature expected to drop into the 40s and 50s after two weeks in the 80s, but Michigan weather surprised us yet again, and it zoomed up into the high 70s.... hence a much smaller crowd turned out for the swap. C'est la vie.

Top to bottom there's a 50 cal Hawken that came, I think, from Dixie Gun works, a T/C .36 cal flintlock with a peep sight and a spare .50 cal barrel, my 20 ga. double percussion gun, an old unbuilt CVA .32 cal kit- or part of one, at least, and a Chinese made clone of the Classic Crosman CO2 rifle. (These guns are so popular they prompted Crosman to start selling their gun again after a long hiatus.)

We did manage to sell a lot of books, a pair of rubber boots, some pistol grips, reloading gear, a few .22s, and my old Cabanas rifle I'd written about before- the one that uses crimped blanks to fire .177 caliber round balls. And this time I didn't leave with more gear than I arrived with.

No comments:

Post a Comment