Thursday, October 17, 2013

Another compact and cheap reloading stand



Not long ago I bought a "Universal Bench Grinder Stand" at Harbor Freight during one of their periodic 25% off sales. That meant the normally $29 stand was only $21.75, which would have been a good deal if it fit my grinder- which it didn't. I was annoyed- until I found a good use for it. This afternoon I cut down a formica-covered sink cutout a friend had given me and bolted it to the top of the grinder stand. Voila! Instant reloading stand.

The Lee Turret press is mounted in Lee's quick-change Bench Plate mounting kit, so I can easily swap it for the single stage press seen  on the shelf below. I think I'm going to just bolt the other press right to the stand. I suspect it's easier to just rotate the stand than to go through the hassle of swapping presses. There's more than enough room to mount four or more presses.

No comments:

Post a Comment