Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pedersoli 20ga muzzleloader


I got this gun in a swap with my old friend and mentor Tom, back when we were doing a lot of upland game hunting. My first muzzleloading shotgun was an original gun made in 1814 but I never got quite comfortable shooting a gun that old, and so I sold it and bought this from Tom, who was perfectly happy shooting his original percussion and flintlock shotguns.


This gun has been sitting in a safe or in a case for most of the last decade, which has made me think I really ought to sell it. It does have a few condition issues, like a patch of rust near the muzzle of the right barrel:


a few chips, worn finish where Tom had been working on reshaping the buttock and the usual wear and tear, but overall it's in fine shape. I only shot it a few times, preferring to hunt with my nice Spanish double, a gun I think I'll feature here in the near future.


2 comments:

  1. I am in the market for a 20ga, muzzleloader if you want to sell it.

    ReplyDelete